April is a beautiful time in France. And May as well..
But there is something about April that makes the heart sing. This brings me to another spring favorite:
Nettle and Young Potato Soup
6 cups of loosely chopped stinging nettles 2 tbsp. coconut oil
( I sometimes use a combo of walnut and olive) 2 small sweet red onions, chopped3 cloves of garlic or 1 ½ tbsp. of last week’s wild garlic pesto 5 – 7 small spring potatoes, cubed.6 cups of vegetable stock
( I sometimes use 2 miso cubes instead) salt and pepper to taste
( if you want a more potent taste use Kama Namak or black salt.)
- Use young nettle leaves. Separate from the stems and roughly coped
- Heat oil over medium heat and fry onions until soft. 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and potatoes and cook for 5minuets over medium heat while stirring now and then.
- Add nettles and stock and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 15- 20 minuets.
- Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender until smooth.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream or a sprinkling of nut parmesan.
- Serve with home baked bread